National Day Holiday is around the corner. Are you ready for an exciting journey of sightseeing or delicacies? Let's check these travel tips first to find out in which scenic areas reservations are required, where pets are banned, and other dos and don'ts.
Reservation time: Please make a reservation seven days in advance (excluding the reservation day)
Reservation channel: Reservation for staggered visits is available on the official website and the WeChat account of the Hunan Museum.
The initial ticket release time begins at 20:00 every day. The reservation service will not be available from 23:00 to 1:00 the next morning every day due to system maintenance.
Please show your reservation confirmation message and valid identity certificate, and scan the venue code before entering the museum. For visitors who come from the provinces with locally confirmed cases, a negative nucleic acid testing result within 48 hours is required. Those who fail to make an online reservation are not allowed to enter the museum. Please wear masks all the time during the visit.
Orange Isle, Yuelu Mountain, and Taohualing Scenic Areas
Former Residence of Xiao Jinguang & Museum of Navy Equipment in Modern Times
Reservation channel: Reservation is available on the WeChat account of Yuelu Mountain and Orange Isle Scenic Area (岳麓山 橘子洲旅游区).
Reservation time: Visitors may make reservations three days in advance.
Please have your reservation codes scanned, take temperature, and show the negative nucleic acid testing results within 72 hours before entering the scenic area.
Visitors who intend to watch the sunrise atop Yuelu Mountain may enter the scenic area from the eastern entrance between 3:00 and 6:00 every day.
Tongguan Kiln Ancient Town
Beginning from October 1st, 2022, pets are not allowed to enter the Tongguan Kiln Ancient Town Scenic Area.
Hunan Botanical Garden
Reservation channel: Official WeChat account of Hunan Botanical Garden
Reservation time: One day in advance
1. The garden is free to the public, and an online reservation system is implemented. The opening hours are from 8:00 to 18:00 every day. During the epidemic prevention and control period, the number of daily visitors shall not exceed 50% of the maximum capacity. Therefore, visitors are advised to devise their itineraries to avoid peak times.
2. Only visitors with green health QR codes are allowed to enter. They must show negative nucleic acid test results within 48 hours.
3. The ticket reservation channel is open at 6:00 every day. Tickets are reserved for free online, and each visitor can only book one ticket per day.
4. Visitors aged 65 or over can swipe their ID cards to enter the garden without reservation. No reservation is required for children under 12. Each guardian can bring one accompanying child.
5. The garden only opens its west gate on Shaoshan Road, the north gate on Xiangfu Road, and the new east gate on Guibai Road.
6. After successful booking, please enter the park with the reservation QR code or ID card and follow the epidemic prevention requirements orderly.
7. To maintain the garden's environment and ensure the personal safety of tourists, flying drones is prohibited in the garden. Visitors cannot bring pets, scooters, balance cars, bikes, skates, snake boards, or walking cars when entering the garden.
Reservation channel: Official WeChat account of Changsha Museum
Reservation time: One week in advance
Negative nucleic acid test results within 72 hours must be provided. Visitors cannot enter without green health QR codes and negative nucleic acid test results.
Opening hours: 9:00-17:00 from October 1st to October 7th; last entry at 16:30
Hunan Museum of Geology
Reservation channel: Official WeChat of Hunan Museum of Geology
Reservation time: Three days in advance
Opening hours: 09:00-16:00
After successful booking, please enter the museum with the reservation code and scan the venue QR code on the spot. Those who come from other provinces where local cases have been reported should provide negative nucleic acid testing results within 48 hours. Those with a fever of 37.3 degrees Celsius or above, a cough, and other symptoms or fail to make reservations are not allowed to enter.
Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area
Due to the reinforcement construction of the tourist route inside the Tianmen Cave, it is prohibited to pass. Since September 20th, 2022, the package tickets for Line B and C two-way cableway tours and Line 1 and 2 one-way cableway of Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area will be suspended. Only the package tickets for Line A two-way cableway tour will be available. The transportation items included in the Line A package are temporarily adjusted as follows:
Take the Tianmen Mountain Cableway to the mountain top from the mountain foot station
— After touring the mountain top, take the Tianmen Mountain Cableway down to the middle station of the cableway
— Transfer to the tourist shuttle bus to the station (at the foot of the mountain) of the Tianmen Cave Express Cableway
— Take the Tianmen Cave Express Cableway up to the Tianmen Cave for sightseeing
— Take the Tianmen Cave Express Cableway down from the station (at the top of the mountain) of the Tianmen Cave Express Cableway
— Take the shuttle bus at the station (at the foot of the mountain) of the Tianmen Cave Express Cableway to exit the scenic spot and reach the station (at the foot of the mountain) of the Tianmen Mountain Cableway
During this period, the area inside the Tianmen Cave will remain closed, and entry is prohibited. The Transmountain Escalator will stop operation. The Escalator to Tianmen Cave and the Stairway to Tianmen Cave are normally open, but they can only reach the cave entrance area.